Friday, April 10, 2009

Who really needs this kind of outlet?

Once through the pass we made a turn into a large outlet mall. I had it on good authority that the Coldwater Creek Outlet store was worth a stop. Once off the highway we found out where everyone was! The enormous, mile-long parking lot was full! Bill dropped me off and went looking for a spot. By the time he found one and came to meet me, I had checked out the whole store, a few more, and was ready to leave. What a cheap date I am! Outlet stores have changed since the day we found the Esprit outlet more than 20 years ago. No longer bins of real bargains with women grabbing a pile and throwing their clothes off right there to try them on (remember Christie?), the shops are now rows of neat "bargains" straight off the boat with every size available and prices higher than the "real" store on El Paseo. Let me out of there!

No comments:

Post a Comment